Hi everyone! As I mentioned in my first post of the year, I have decided to participate in 4 challenges this year. Every Thursday I will be updating you on my progress with one these challenges.
The Book Blogger Organization challenge is a half year challenge hosted by The Book Addict. Every month you are given a theme and many tasks to complete in regards to organizing your blog. This month’s theme is:
Reading Challenges and Resolutions
What Challenges did you pick and how did you choose them?
I am participating in 4 challenges this year
- The Book Blogger Organization Challenge hosted by The Book Addict’s Guide
- I check out this blog pretty frequently and was super excited when I saw this challenge I was really excited.
- I chose to participate in this challenge because I think that it a really great way to start off the new year and get this blog looking nice and pretty!
- Dive Into Diversity Challenge hosted by Rather Be Reading
- I love Rather Be Reading! They’re super crafty and their reviews are awesome
- I chose to participate in this challenge because I feel that a lot of the books I tend to gravitate towards are super cliche. Honestly, most books have protagonists who are white, healthy, or well off. I think that sucks. I am super excited to expose myself to some new ideas and thoughts!
- The Re-Read Challenge hosted by So Obsessed
- So Obsessed is another blog I follow, even though we don’t really read the same books. I like her review style and some of her features a lot!
- I have so many books that I love, but can’t really remember why I loved them so much, time to remember!
- The 2015 Debut Author Challenge hosted by The Artsy Reader Girl
- I had read that I bunch of bloggers were doing this and I decided to jump on the bandwagon.
- I want to read more debuts and read some different authors! Plain and simple. 🙂
What are your resolutions for this blogging year?
I resolve that I will…
- Follow my blogging schedule
- Continue to update my schedule so that I will always be able to be ahead
- To read at least 1 book a week
- Try my hardest to comment on at least one blog post a day
Whats this new blogging schedule you keep mentioning?
As a senior in high school, free time is super rare. I decided that I needed to have something that I could hold my self accountable to for posting. I figured that a schedule would be a good way to feel more involved in this blog. I created some features and have set super high goals for myself.
This is what the schedule looks like:
- Sunday- Review day!
- I have a goal of 3 reviews a week, but I WILL be posting reviews on Sundays
- Monday- Monday Thoughts
- Monday Thoughts is my discussion post feature. I have been wanting to do this for a while, but hadn’t gotten around to it. Now I have it!
- Tuesday- Top Ten Tuesday
- I love T10T! I will be continuing to do this feature by Broke and Bookish this year
- Wednesday- Review
- Thursday- Challenge Thursday!
- Pretty self explanatory
- Friday- Freebie Friday
- I posted one of these last week! Pretty much I will be posting something random each week
- Saturday- Save the Date Saturday
- Check it out to see what books I am excited to see come out this year!
What are some ways you plan on organizing your ideas and plans for your blog?
At the end of the year I started using Wunderlust to schedule my posts. Wanderlust is AMAZING. If you are looking for a really simple and clean way to organize ideas and when you will post, then this is it!
Do you have a blogging buddy to keep you motivated?
HAHA I wish! Actually, if you are looking for a buddy let me know!
Happy Challenge Thursday!